Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Wait Goes On

I heard from my editor, Vickie, this week.

“Wonderful,” I hear you saying, “now you finally have some positive news to share.”

Oh, how I wish. My very brief communication from her said that although I was in the red zone (I think that’s publishing speak for the production process), she was still working on several books ahead of mine and had not even started to edit The Ride.

Not exactly the sort of news I hoped to hear.

Sigh.

On the positive side, I now know I haven’t been forgotten; my editor hasn’t been ignoring me; she wasn’t abducted by a UFO; and, that the editing delay has nothing to do with the condition of my manuscript.

Vickie did go on to say, “But the good news is, it should not be long.”

I have a funny feeling that my definition of “long” is entirely different from hers.

I hope that the old adage, “Good things come to those that wait,” is true, because ‘waiting’ has been a major pastime of mine since writing The Ride. And, it looks as if the wait has only just begun.

Another sigh.

This week, while I wait, I’ll be attending the Sixth Annual Florida Writers Association Conference at the Coronado Springs Resort at Walt Disney World.

When I return, Kim and I leave for our annual trek to Las Vegas where we meet up with some of our wonderful friends for a few days. Since I plan to be sitting in front of slot machines instead of my computer, there’ll be no blog on the 16th.

I’ll be back here on the 23rd. In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for stopping by.

Jane Kennedy Sutton
Author of The Ride (coming soon from ArcheBooks Publishing)
janekennedysutton@gmail.com
http://janekennedysutton.googlepages.com/

Tags: The Ride, Archebooks, Florida Writers Association, Sixth Annual Florida Writers Association Conference , Coronado Springs Resort at Walt Disney World

No comments:

Jane's Ride - Novelist Jane Kennedy Sutton's journey through the ups and downs of the writing, publishing and marketing world