It is always the best policy to tell the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar. - Jerome K. Jerome
I don’t usually post twice a week, but my friend and fellow writer, Sandy Lender of Today the Dragon Wins blog, nominated me for the Bald-face or Creative Blogger award. Sandy writes fantastic fiction books; her latest release is Choices Meant for Kings. I feel bad that it’s taken me so long to acknowledge and say thanks for thinking of me, so I decided to do this extra post just for you Sandy.
The idea is to tell with six lies and one truth or six truths and one lie about myself. I’m a terrible liar. I know, I know, that seems like a crazy line coming from a fiction writer, but it’s a fact. For that reason I have decided to tell six truths and one lie. I hope you’ll leave a comment to let me know which one you think is the untruth.
1. Even though women were not allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia, I once drove disguising myself by wearing a typical man’s ghutra (headdress).
2. I’m the middle of eight children, all girls.
3. I congratulated my Taiwanese landlord when he informed me his mother had just died.
4. I was in Washington D.C. during the period of the Beltway sniper attacks.
5. I love dipping my French fries into mustard rather than ketchup.
6. I once ate whole shrimp complete with eyes, legs and tails.
7. My first international travel involved a move to Hawaii before it became a state.
Though I am supposed to pass this on, I know many of the bloggers I visit have already posted quite clever lies and truths, which I have mostly been unsuccessful at guessing correctly. If there’s anyone left out there who would like to try their hand at lying and ‘truthing,’ please feel free to say I passed the honor on to you.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope to see you again on Monday.
Tags: Jerome, Sandy Lender,