Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cover Art Unveiled

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.” – Jules De Gautier

The publication process for The Ride has gone on for a year longer than I thought it would. Just when I was beginning to believe in the possibility of being stuck in the production cycle forever, I received a little gem in my inbox—the subject line included the words ‘cover art.’

I looked at the message for a few minutes before working up the nerve to click on the attachment. What if I hated it? I took a deep breath, selected ‘download,’ and squeezed my eyes shut. When I could stand the suspense no longer, I peeked with one eye then immediately opened the other, and felt a smile spread across my face.

The moment seemed surreal. There it was—a book cover with my name on it. And not just any book cover, this one was fun, imaginative, colorful and encompassed many aspects of the novel. I laughed out loud. I loved it!

So without further ado, and even though The Ride has not yet been released, I am proudly revealing the cover to the public for the first time. Ta Da!


Of course, now I am curious to know that if you glimpsed this cover out of the corner of your eye in a bookstore, would you be tempted to pick it up to read more? I’d love to hear your comments.

Thanks for stopping by. See you next week.

Jane Kennedy Sutton
Author of The Ride (to be released by ArcheBooks Publishing)
janekennedysutton@gmail.com
http://www.authorsden.com/janesutton

Tags: The Ride, Archebooks, cover art, De Gautier

1 comment:

Sandy Lender said...

Jane!
The cover is fabulous. I love the fact that at first, the money looks like the track coming apart behind the car. It gives that first impression that the girls are on a treacherous ride - all suspense and fear and twisty turns! But you have to look at it to see the money and turn your thoughts around. FABULOUS! You definitely have "second look" appeal here!
And, because I'm late checking in, I've caught this AFTER the release, so let me say
CONGRATULATIONS!
I know the happy dance, my friend, and I know you'll be doing it again when your hardcover copies arrive in the post! WOO-HOO!

Sandy Lender
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Jane's Ride - Novelist Jane Kennedy Sutton's journey through the ups and downs of the writing, publishing and marketing world